Length of clip changes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Hall
Length of clip changes
on Apr 18, 2014 at 7:22:38 am
Last Edited By Bobby Hall on Apr 18, 2014 at 7:27:12 am

Hi,
I'm having trouble with a certain clip in FCP7. In the viewer I selected the last several seconds of a clip and dragged it on the timeline but it's not showing the part that I selected. It's showing the part that came before it. For some reason on the timeline it thinks that's the end of the clip. I tried re-connecting the media and also re-importing from Finder and the same problem happens.

What's also strange is that when I double click the selection in the timeline and it loads the clip in the viewer with the in and out points, it's not showing the rest of the clip that I can see when I open the clip by double clicking it in the browser. I thought maybe there was some glitch and it was acting like a subclip, but when I select the clip in the browser and click Modify, the option to "Remove Subclip Limits" is grayed out, so I don't think that's the problem. Restarting the program doesn't help either.

I also noticed something else. If I look at how long the clip is in the browser, it says it's shorter than when it's on the timeline. Does this mean that the clip is somehow slowing down and not showing the end when placed on the timeline?
Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]