FORUMS: list search recent posts

Template sequences and swapping clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ollie JacobsenTemplate sequences and swapping clips?
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 7:40:06 am

Hi some expert advice needed please!

I'm making a few Point of Sale videos and what I want to do is make 1 template of a video and apply animation's, zooms transitions etc to the clips, but then once its approved I want to be able to duplicate and rename the sequence and then swap the clips I used with different clips but still have the same animations etc happen without having to redo them all. I've used the reconnect media before to do this with only 2 sequences but this project is going to have about 20 different products and I don't want to have 20 different final cut files to do this... or is that the only way?

Cheers if you can help me! :)

Return to posts index

Steve EisenRe: Template sequences and swapping clips?
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 12:35:15 pm

Use the replace option. The instructions are in the FCP manual.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Ollie JacobsenRe: Template sequences and swapping clips?
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 1:16:18 pm

I looked at that but I think it just replaces the clips spot in the timeline - Or does it retain all my animation time line edits to the new clip?

Return to posts index

Rafael AmadorRe: Template sequences and swapping clips?
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 1:47:25 pm

[Ollie Jacobsen] "I looked at that but I think it just replaces the clips spot in the timeline - Or does it retain all my animation time line edits to the new clip?"
That should replace the media keeping the rest of the attributes of the clip; Basic motion, crop, distortion, speed..
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]