FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to prep for finishing with outside vendors ie. Telecine, Online, and Mix.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chancler Haynes
How to prep for finishing with outside vendors ie. Telecine, Online, and Mix.
on Aug 12, 2011 at 9:03:28 pm

Are there any recommended tutorials that any of you know about that discuss work flows for prepping off-line edits to Telecine?

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: How to prep for finishing with outside vendors ie. Telecine, Online, and Mix.
on Aug 14, 2011 at 8:21:15 am

I don't know any particular tutorials, but I'd always advise talking to whoever you're sending the sequence to.

For online and sound dub, the issue is track laying: keep to a sensible and easily understood layout, so for vision keep the main cut on V1 and only go up layers where you're building up effects, and have one layer for text. For the sound, use the top tracks for sync sound, then tracks for background/ effects, the a couple of pairs of tracks for music, and another for commentary/ narration. But that's something that you shouldn't have to spend much time on, you should be doing that from the start of the edit.

What do you mean by Telecine? Do you mean a retransfer from film or colour grading? Either way, speak to the people you're delivering to to find out what they need - TBH requirements vary and the most common thing I've had facilities say to me is "give us your project and we'll handle whatever conversions need to be done"...

Return to posts index

Chancler Haynes
Re: How to prep for finishing with outside vendors ie. Telecine, Online, and Mix.
on Aug 14, 2011 at 2:56:02 pm

Thank you. I appreciate that!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]