FORUMS: list search recent posts

copy/paste attributes at browser level?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
copy/paste attributes at browser level?
on Mar 21, 2011 at 6:04:55 pm

I have 5 clips that I want to set audio levels at the browser level, so anytime I use them they will be at a consistent level. Basically, I want to use the copy and paste attribute at the browser level.

How could I achieve this?

-Jason

Return to posts index

Christina Rodriguez
Re: copy/paste attributes at browser level?
on Mar 21, 2011 at 6:29:30 pm

I don't know if it can be done that way...

What you could do is make a new sequence, drag all of you audio clips into the sequence... Adjust one of the clips, copy, then select the rest of the clips, paste attributes, then proceed to drag everything back to your browser.

C.R.

Return to posts index

John Ward
Re: copy/paste attributes at browser level?
on Mar 23, 2011 at 4:22:50 pm

You could also use an applescript / TextEdit combo to automate this. Export an xml of a bin, use applescript and TextEdit to change the levels on each clip. You could either save to the same xml or make a new name to differentiate. Import new xml and the entire bin should be changed the same way.

For that matter, you could set the applescript up with a couple/few dialogs for input and tell the script to change all the levels and by how much, set pan, apply video and audio effects with the parameters you want already set ... etc. And if you generate a new xml and import it, you never have to quit FCP. Huh ... I may have just talked myself into a project.

Anyway, it's possible to automate it but you'll have to put some time into Applescript and TextEdit to get there.

Cheers,

John Ward

Editor / Animator,
Synergetic Productions
locomation@yahoo.com
john@synergeticproductions.com
http://www.synergeticproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]