FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about "Getting Organized in Final Cut Pro "

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Claude Jones
Question about "Getting Organized in Final Cut Pro "
on Mar 17, 2011 at 2:41:45 am

Well, I'm in a bit of a jam to figure out a FCP workflow. I posted the problem on this thread:http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1123657

Some people mentioned "Getting Organized in Final Cut Pro" as a possible guide to workflows. Can anybody who has seen it say if there's anything about off-line workflows with FCP? I would contact Shane directly but the cow doesn't seem to have private messaging.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Question about "Getting Organized in Final Cut Pro "
on Mar 17, 2011 at 4:30:07 am

No need to private message, I'm here...

[Adam Claude Jones] "Can anybody who has seen it say if there's anything about off-line workflows with FCP?"

No, it doesn't. It talks about how to organize your footage. I do have a free tutorial here that talks about the offline/online process when it comes to tapeless material:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless_online/1

For tape workflows, the manual has a pretty good step by step.

My GETTING ORGANIZED tutorial talks about how to sort your footage in FCP so that you can find things easier. How to do this with narrative, documentary projects...multiple editor projects.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Mar 17, 2011 at 4:44:47 am

Thanks Shane.

I will take a look at the tutorial as my workflow is also tapeless. Thanks.

I have DPX files which I want to do an offline workflow with because I don't have Gluetools or a RAID. So I want to convert them to Prores to edit offline. The problem is how to re-connect the media later, specially that about half of it are green screen clips which have to be sent to VFX after I have edited them. But to VFX I need to send the DPX versions. The thing is how to reconnect the finished VFX shots later on the timeline and also how to send only the DPX frames that correspond to the parts of the (prores)footage I used on the timeline. Apart from doing it all manually, which given it's 50% of the project would mean re-editing 50% of the project again when the VFX shots comeback, I don't know how to do it. And also having to separate the corresponding DPX frames to send to VFX by hand. :(
This would be my first offline project.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 17, 2011 at 4:55:38 am

Then pose that question. I don't know how to do it either, but posing THAT question on the forums will get people who do know.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Mar 17, 2011 at 5:00:46 am

Well, the question came up from the discussion on the thread I started a while ago. So technically the question was already posted on that thread. Maybe the thread just got too long and the question got lost and maybe I should post the separated questions as a new thread.

I just watched the tutorial by the way. Nice. The second offline method you presented is exactly what I want to do. The difference is I can't just relink to the high-rez raw files because to do that I would have to send the whole clip to VFX and they would waste a lot of resources working on the frames I'm not using.

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Mar 17, 2011 at 6:55:43 am

I've answered your DPX question in a later post you sent.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Mar 17, 2011 at 3:32:34 pm

Thanks for that. I saw and already replied to you. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]