FORUMS: list search recent posts

All my graphics have been messed up in final cut pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yuki Radcliffe
All my graphics have been messed up in final cut pro
on Oct 20, 2010 at 4:29:49 pm

I have a photoshop file with three layers - one black, one red, one pink. I spent yesterday doing some animation on these layers in Final Cut Pro- nothing too fancy, just slides and squashes and stretches. Got it to how I wanted it, saved it, shut it down and went home.

I reopened the file today, and all the animations I did are messed up. The animation on the layers is still there, but the pink image is gone, and has been replaced with the black one, and I can't find the original pink picture.

Has anybody dealt with this before? Is there a quick fix, or do I have to re-animate everything? And if I reanimate everything today, how can I keep this from happening again when I leave and come back tomorrow?

Return to posts index

Yuki Radcliffe
Re: All my graphics have been messed up in final cut pro
on Oct 20, 2010 at 5:21:28 pm

Alright, I figured out the "replace edit" feature. It fixes the fact that each layer has the wrong picture on it. However, when I replace the graphic I have, it deletes the keyframes on it. Is there something similar to replace edit where I can keep the animation on this layer?

Return to posts index

matthew bradshaw
on Oct 20, 2010 at 6:04:25 pm

copy and paste will be your friends, you can paste just content, I think this should leave your keyframes, if not you can paste motion.
Hope this helps, Matt.

Return to posts index

Dan Monro
on Oct 20, 2010 at 11:48:34 pm

As Matt said, cut the missing graphic in at the end of your sequence; right click "copy", then right click "paste attributes" on the clip with the incorrect graphic and select "content" and paste. It should work...

Good luck,
D

Dan Monro
FCP, Avid, AfterFX, Atlanta
MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 4 GB ram
Mac OS X 10.6.4
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Final Cut Pro 7 Quicktime 7.6.6
- OR -
2 x 3.2 Quad Xeon; 16 GB ram
Mac OS X 10.6.4
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 Final Cut Pro 7.0.2 Quicktime 7.6.6