FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV > Prores > Export Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Hustings
HDV > Prores > Export Issue
on Oct 8, 2010 at 10:09:37 am

Afternoon all.

I'm working on a 10 min HDV 1080 50i project in FCP 7.02. Finished cutting and grading (couple of basic filters and 3way CC) and I've changed the codec to Prores as usual and rendered. Here's the problem:
On export (Same settings as timeline), instead of FCP flying through the export in about 5 mins (as is the usual with a rendered project of this length) It is re-rendering the entire project which is adding about an hour to the export process. This happens when exporting as self contained or as QT reference. Re-compress all frames is not selected.
I am stumped. I use this workflow all the time and have never had this issue on export. Tried all the usual suspects- trashed prefs & renders and tried a different ESATA HD just incase.

Any ideas out there in the pasture?

Cheers,

Simon

(8 core 2.26, 6GB RAM, 10.6.4)

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
Re: HDV > Prores > Export Issue
on Oct 8, 2010 at 12:14:52 pm

did you capture as HDV? or as Prores?

what do you mean by "changed the codec to prores"? in sequence settings? that could be quite intensive on HDV media with filters...

if i got you right you captured as HDV,
FCP has an option in the render tab of sequence settings to render as prores (good for XDCAM and HDV) which means shorter render times as you edit and longer on export as it has to re-render everything to HDV. is that the case?

capturing HDV to Prores would save you a lot of trouble. there is a capture preset for this workflow in Audio/Video settings .

not sure if batch re-capturing your sequence to prores would work (HDV acts funny and is unpredictable with timecode) but you could try it, on a 10 minute sequence it might be shorter workflow than a one hour export

hope this helps

Hector Berrebi
Schibber Group
prePost Consulting

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: HDV > Prores > Export Issue
on Oct 8, 2010 at 1:49:25 pm

Ya, if you had a HDV timeline and footage. Then, change the codec to Pro-res, u'll need to render all.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]