FORUMS: list search recent posts

Should I use FCP or Motion? Advice ASAP Please

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Severino
Should I use FCP or Motion? Advice ASAP Please
on Aug 18, 2010 at 3:31:53 am

Okay I am working on some video (DV NTSC) and want to slow down the footage as well as steady the camera movement and am not sure which would give me better results and could use some of that awesome Creative COW knowledge.

Should I go with the time remap feature and steady cam in Final Cut Pro or send the footage to motion and use optical flow and stabilize and either the video speed adjustment in the inspector tab or the time remap filter.

This footage also will be sent to color for correcting and other stylize color correction. At the moment I have my sequence codec set to ProRes 422. Should I change it back to DV/DVCPRO or leave it set to ProRes 422?

Thank you all so much for all your input. I (and my client) really appreciate it!

Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Dual Quad Core
14GB RAM
NVIDIA 8800 GT
Blackmagic Intensity Pro
OS X 10.6.3 (Clean Instal)
Final Cut Studio 3 (Clean Instal)
Logic Studio (Clean Instal)

Return to posts index

Zak Ray
Re: Should I use FCP or Motion? Advice ASAP Please
on Aug 18, 2010 at 2:15:20 pm

Optical Flow may produce better results for slow motion, but the Stabilize behavior is for absolute stabilization rather than "smoothing". It depends on which you're looking for. Either way, don't expect spectacular results from DV footage if your footage is more than a little unsteady.

ProRes is fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]