FORUMS: list search recent posts

General Error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Lee
General Error
on Jul 2, 2010 at 5:59:49 am

I have a sequence that I'm onlining and there are several HD stock footage clips I received that when I try to render give me the dreaded "General Error". My sequence setting is as such:

The stock footage clips run the gamut of formats. I've got 1920x1080 29.97fps NTSC with Photo-Jpeg compressor, 1280x1080 29.97fps NTSC DVCPRO HD, 720x576 25fps PAL with Photo-Jpeg compressor, and 1920x1080 25fps PAL uncompressed 10 bit. I don't have much choice in terms of the formats I receive from the stock footage provider. So far I've been just dropping all these clips into previous sequences and they've rendered fine.

The solutions I tried before were:
1. Use render manager to clear the sequence. Then rerender.
2. Clear FCP preferences.
3. Delete the clip from the timeline and bin. Rename the clip in Finder then reimport into FCP.

I've tried all 3 options and it seems I've hit a roadblock and I'm not really sure what to do. The clips play fine in Quicktime, but I'm wondering whether I should reoutput them with Mpeg Streamclip or Compressor to a more compatible format. Any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

William Carr
Re: General Error
on Jul 2, 2010 at 7:20:08 am

I would convert those troublesome clips to the frame rate and codec of your sequence BEFORE trying to edit with them.
Then bring them in as the same format you're using for the edit.

Return to posts index

Alexander Lee
on Jul 2, 2010 at 7:38:28 am

That makes sense. Would using compressor to batch convert be the most sensible option. This is for an online, so it should be high quality. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Paul Dickin
on Jul 2, 2010 at 10:02:30 am

Hi
I've got this error where the frame rate is dodgy, so I use Cinema Tools or QuickTime Player/MPEG Streamclip to conform the frame rate to its proper rate where it is nominally the same, and Compressor or Nattress Standards Converter to alter the frame rate/pixel size.

Return to posts index

Alexander Lee
on Jul 3, 2010 at 6:12:51 am

I solved the problem by converting all footage into Prores HQ. Doesn't even need rendering now :-) Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]