FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio issue challenge

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Morter-Laing
Audio issue challenge
on Jun 23, 2010 at 4:44:50 pm

Here's a challenging one: I have an audio track and I need to cut out a chunk of it and add a cross dissolve to blend the two 'sides' of the chunk together. When I do this and render it, it totally destroys itself. The audio to the right seems to be a different part of the track to the section I cut, and sometimes it completely messes up as in randomly jumps. Now there is NOTHING above or below the track and I have:

Copy/ pasted into a new sequence IN a new project.
Deleted all of the audio render files.
Trashed the FCP preferences.
Done a disk permissions repair.
Done a PRAM reset (you never know!)

Also:

Separated the audio track in Sound Studio (it was a .mov file) and saved it as a separate differently rename audio track, re-synced it on a different audio level in FCP (ie i moved it up from A10 and A11 to A3 and A4).

For some reason it still hates me. What am i doing wrong?

Also for the record I have FCP7 (in FC Studio 3).

My sequence settings are set to HDV50i, with the compressor as Apple Prores 422, although the original audio is from a DVD movie. The original movie is absolutely fine with no errors.

My computer specs (if they're relevant) can be found under my profile. Please help! :S
Thanks,
Tom

:D
Tom Morter-Laing
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010
Production Assistant, Grace Productions
Degree; TV Production

Return to posts index

Mark Quod
Re: Audio issue challenge
on Jun 23, 2010 at 5:56:36 pm

I've had similar problems with audio, and I think certain audio codecs tend to do it more often. Mp3's have done it for me. I would try exporting the audio as an AIFF and then re-importing it. Make sure your sequence setting match up as well.

Mark

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Audio issue challenge
on Jun 23, 2010 at 8:40:33 pm

Make sure the audio is PCM 48kHz 16 or 24 bit. If it's not, open the audio in ST Pro or QT Pro (any external audio app will do) and export it with those parameters. Another thing to try - in fact, try this first - is an Audio Mixdown: Sequence Menu > Render Only > Mixdown.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]