FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exported Audio Drift from timeline with multiple cuts.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Hill
Exported Audio Drift from timeline with multiple cuts.
on Jun 16, 2010 at 9:17:57 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with audio drift. I have a 4 minute clip made up of 5 separate film clips for a news segment I produce. Once the piece has been edited, I export the audio by isolating the audio track and then choosing export Audio to AIFF. I export 48 kHz, 24-bit, Stereo Mix. I then bring that clip into Soundtrack, sweeten the audio, render to action and Save it back out as a final .aiff.

When I bring it back into Final Cut, I've been in the habit of cutting off the first two frames and that's usually sufficed, but lately everywhere a new clip starts the audio jumps ahead by 2 frames until by the last clip it's as much as 6 or 8 frames ahead of the original audio.

The sequence and clips are 29.97fps, 48kHz audio and I've tried exporting and saving the isolated audio as both 16 and 24bit with no difference. If I rt-Click on the time-code window on the upper left of the sequence it shows the sequence as being drop-frame. Could that be effecting it? Just changing the sequence to NDF doesn't solve the issue. Do I need to rebuild from the ground up with a new batch of settings?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Christopher Hill
Re: Exported Audio Drift from timeline with multiple cuts.
on Jun 21, 2010 at 6:18:32 pm

Nobody's got anything for this? Really, any guesses or input would be helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]