FORUMS: list search recent posts

cinema tools 24 p standard and DVX100

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Hawes
cinema tools 24 p standard and DVX100
on May 31, 2010 at 9:51:43 pm

Has anyone here successfully done a batch reverse telecine on 24 fps footage from the Panasonic DVX100 camera using Cinema Tools? These clips were shot with the standard not advanced 24p mode so with the 2:3:2:3 pulldown cadence.

If I manually find the A frame on each clip and reverse telecine each clip the process works well but there are hundreds of clips!

I can't think of any way to batch this process since the first frames of the clips are all different and Cinema Tools does not automatically find the A frame. The auto reverse telecine window does not appear.

My other solution is After Effects CS4 which seems to auto detect the A frame and perform a pulldown but I would then have to send all the clips to the render queue. So I would be potentially losing quality there unless I render out ProRes 422 with fantastic file sizes. When Cinema Tools performs the reverse pulldown is it actually recompressing?

Does any one have any ideas before an assitant editor steps in to perform these mind numbing tasks worthy of a Marxist diatribe on the alienation of labour?

Thank you for your input,

Phil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]