FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delivering an FLV

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bruno silva
Delivering an FLV
on May 18, 2010 at 2:23:38 pm

Whats the best way to create an flv file from a final cut mov.? My tools are Final Cut Studio 2 and Mpeg Streamclip. I need to deliver an flv for a client over the web. The clips are standard NTSC.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Delivering an FLV
on May 18, 2010 at 2:38:41 pm

We use Telestream Episode. Studio won't do that and I'm not sure about MPEG Streamclip.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

mike simpson
on May 18, 2010 at 3:18:23 pm

I'd agree with Walter and go with Episode - it's pretty good value and very very capable.
I understand that sorenson and autodesk have products too but not sure how much they cost compared to episode.
Happy encoding.

Mike

Return to posts index

bruno silva
on May 18, 2010 at 3:44:35 pm

man $500 is pretty steep for an up n comer like myself. I'm downloading the trial version, hopefully it wont watermark the clip. But I'll also look into alternatives. Thanks

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
on May 18, 2010 at 8:13:00 pm

Do you have Perian installed on your system? If so, FLV should be an export option in QT. I don't know how reliable it is but it could be worth a look. ffMPEGx also does FLV.

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

Craig Sawchuk
on May 18, 2010 at 3:45:34 pm

Can't you just export an h264 file from Compressor and then change the extension to .flv? 'Think this will only play on newer versions of Flash, but depending on your client's needs it may work with the software you've got..

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 18, 2010 at 4:41:21 pm

Yes. Never had a problem. They'd have to have a pretty old version of flash. I've been doing this since someone posted this little trick about a year ago. No problems yet. Flash started supporting h.264 about 2-3 years ago so I suppose that's when this started being an option.

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on May 18, 2010 at 6:41:23 pm

I use on2 plugin for FCP successfuly. It's about 200 bucks.

Rainer

Return to posts index

Neal Broffman
on May 18, 2010 at 8:45:19 pm

Brett and Craig are correct here...use QT and export as h264. Change the extension from .mov to .flv and you will be fine. This works for me and I have never had a problem.

Neal Broffman
One Production Place, Atlanta, GA
"Voices of Freedom", Special Jury winner for Fall 2008 CINE Awards produced for the High Museum of Art in Atlanta as part of a major exhibition of vintage Civil Rights Movement photographs, "Road To Freedom". Currently on display at The Bronx Museum (through August) after having been on exhibition at the Field Musuem in Chicago, The Skirball Cultural Center in LA and The Smithsonian in DC.

Return to posts index

bruno silva
on Jun 3, 2010 at 2:56:10 pm

Can you give me a step by step of the h264 to flv workflow? I just need to be caucious and run this out smoothly. I have compressor.

Assistant Editor
http://www.harringtontalents.com

Return to posts index

Aaron Brenner
on May 19, 2010 at 6:41:24 pm

Do you own After Effects CS4 or CS5? If so, they bundle "Media Encoder" which does a great job at FLV compression. Don't expect it to handle SD anamorphic 16:9 though... for that, you're back to Episode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]