FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick Still Image Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Salley
Quick Still Image Export
on Apr 26, 2010 at 5:03:53 am

Does anyone know of a third-party plug-in or maybe an FXscript to save a frame as a still using a shortcut key or right-click...really anything that is faster than the usual method?

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.2 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Quick Still Image Export
on Apr 26, 2010 at 11:52:13 am

You could create and use your own shortcut Macro using a suitable third party app/utility, or p'raps even using Apple's own GUI scripting capabilities ... personally tho, I think if you need to do this a lot then my advice would be to use the "Shift-N" shortcut to create a freeze frame (which is loaded in the viewer) and then drag that into your Browser window (maybe drag it into a dedicated Stills bin) .... its relatively quick and painless and you just rinse and repeat this anytime, anywhere you want to save a still. When you are ready to export the stills at the end of the day / end of the session, then select them all in the Browser window (or select the bin) and choose File > Batch Export... set the Settings >> Format to Still Image (w/ Options as appropriate) and then Export in one fell swoop.

Best
Andy

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: Quick Still Image Export
on Apr 26, 2010 at 2:34:23 pm

Thanks Andy, Yeah, I do the "Shift-N" quite a bit but I haven't used the batch export yet. That's probably the way to go since you would have to specify a default destination folder for any kind of macro anyhow. Thanks for the tip.

Though, It would be nice to have a right-click menu item called "save still frame as..."

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.3 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite - FC7.0.2 - CS4 Prod Prem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]