FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP for AFX user

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ofer Geva
FCP for AFX user
on Apr 3, 2010 at 10:53:11 am

I work with Adobe CS4 Production. My main use is After Effects, Flash and Premiere. I heard (and deeply believe) that FCP is better and more powerfull then Premeire.
My question is, and I hope it is posted on the appropriate place, Should I get final cut although Premiere intrgrate with flash, Ilustrator, Photoshop and most importently- After Effects via Dynamic Link?

I'm sorry if it's not the right place to post such a question, but I will appreciate any answer.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: FCP for AFX user
on Apr 3, 2010 at 12:55:33 pm

I think a lot of FCP users still use adobe products. We use PhotoShop and After Effects all the time. We use Episode to compress finished videos to flash files.

You can just output a reference file from your FCP time-line and bring it into AE and render out and bring file back into FCP with ease.

Go on, make the leap - you'll be glad u did!

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Apr 3, 2010 at 3:49:42 pm

Ideally you have all the tools. I like AE for some things and Motion for others. I use STP mostly but Adobe's sound system has some great repair stuff. The CS5 Premiere is reported to be very good.
Oh, and I use Sorenson Squeeze integrated with FC for some things as well.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Rivai Chen
on Apr 4, 2010 at 2:06:44 am

Hi Guys

Since this is related FCP to AE question. I know plugin like automatic duck can import FCP timeline to AE with ease. But the question is how do you swap an offline data conform by FCP to AE using whatever plugin to Online version data, which tends to have shorter clip and higher resolution. AE doesnt read timecode. I just asked, automatic duck aware that this could be a problem and needed to eye match.

Is there any workaround apart from eye matching ? If the timeline is short is alright, but if it's long, it can be a tedious task to eye match everything.

RV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]