FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color completely changes with Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Fuller
Color completely changes with Export
on Feb 3, 2010 at 10:21:40 pm

I shot in extremely low light with a Panasonic HVX. When Color Correcting in FCP, I can adjust the levels to the point where i can see everything clearly - despite a lot of grain. However when I export this sequence, without changing any setting, the quicktime uncompressed (and compressed) image comes out completely milky and washed out. The final export looks completely different than how the image appears in FCP. Any advice?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Samuel Hall
Re: Color completely changes with Export
on Feb 3, 2010 at 11:26:49 pm

Are you playing this exported file in QuickTime?

If so, it sounds like a problem with the gamma settings of your exported file. Or, more accurately, a problem with how QuckTime is displaying it.

Try opening QuickTime preferences and check the box at the bottom of the 'General' tab called "Enable Final Cut Studio color compatibility." That is, if that is not already so.

Samuel Hall
DP/Editor/VFX/Music
http://www.vimeo.com/samhall

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Feb 4, 2010 at 3:11:08 am

How does it look on your calibrated broadcast monitor? What do your video scopes say? If it's "milky" it sounds like you've lifted your blacks. You need to keep some blacks at 0 IRE while lifting the mids.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Isaac Viejo
on Mar 7, 2010 at 5:17:50 pm

Same problem working on a DVCpro HD 720p50 project.
I already checked the "Enable Final Cut Studio color compatibility" in QT 7 but the problem persist in QT X and TV...
the only codec that show same colors in QT X is Animation but when I check in QT 7 the picture is darker.
Any idea....??

thanks...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]