FORUMS: list search recent posts

Framerate discrepancy with imported .wav audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Montminy
Framerate discrepancy with imported .wav audio
on Jan 13, 2010 at 11:13:03 pm

What I'm trying to do is clone a FCP project from one laptop (MBP Intel OS 10.5) onto another (MBP Intel OS 10.6). The OS 10.5 laptop (Laptop #1) is connected via FW800 to a G-RAID and the OS 10.6 laptop (Laptop #2) is connected via FW 800 to a CalDigit RAID 0 drive. Both are running FCP 6.0.6.

Both laptops have these FCP settings: Easy Setup- HDV 1080i60. Sequence Settings are also HDV 1080i60 29.97fps.

Right now we're only dealing w/ audio: .wav files which were converted from MP3 files via iTunes and are at 44.1khz. Project is 48khz.

The project is moving from Laptop #1 > Laptop #2.

When Laptop #2 attempts to reconnect the .wav files, it gets a File Attribute Mismatch message: "Some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original..." - Media Start/End, Rate. Throughout this, the .wav media remains unaltered from drive to drive.

No matter whether I choose to continue or even if I change the project or sequence settings to another framerate, the clips don't reconnect properly and in the timeline the clips are slipped-- extended at the head and clipped off at the tail. It also alters the clip TC within the timeline from the original sequence.

Here's the kicker: In Laptop #1, the .wav clip framerate is at 30 and in Laptop #2 the .wav framerate is at 25... and it can't be modified thru Modify>Timecode. I believe this is why the clips aren't synching up correctly with the timeline? Both timelines are at 29.97.

And to complicate matters, eventually both projects need to be in XDCAM EX 1080i50, 25fps for a PAL presentation. Just in case you thought this was going to be too easy...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...hopefully it's just a hidden tweaky FCP setting somewhere...

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]