FORUMS: list search recent posts

should i ever trust fcp item properties??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zeynep ayguler
should i ever trust fcp item properties??
on Sep 13, 2009 at 11:17:02 pm

well..i most of the time prefer to believe in..but when field dominance is in question, i find it kind of inaccurate..i'm working on dvPal(lower field first) materials and in my case it is rather complex thing to handle field dominance from beginning to end..
the issue is..fcp analyze field dominance correctly when i first time drop a footage to a sequence..but after some rendering operations from other apps or even from fcp itself, item properties says field dominance is upper..(i'm using interlaced lower field fist options just like my original footage and using quicktime uncompressed codec while rendering out from shake or AE)..
actually i realize that rendering out different applications or changing field dominance settings while rendering doesn't make any differences according to fcp's item properties(on subject of field dominance)..i thought, it is maybe quicktime codec reordering fields..tried .avi..the same..
so..i'm kind of disappointed for not being able to analyze my clips correctly into fcp..and asking for suggestions on this head..
also..could you offer any software or method to analyze interlaced dv materials in extensive way??

best,
Z.

Return to posts index

Andrew Saliga
Re: should i ever trust fcp item properties??
on Oct 23, 2009 at 8:23:31 pm

Similar issue here. Sent some footage off for color correction and they're saying it was given to them interlaced instead of progressive. I'm looking here judging by my eyes and it definitely doesn't look interlaced.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution yet other than previewing in QT and making sure the deinterlace option isn't checked as I scrub through areas of high motion.

-Andrew Saliga

Steelehouse Productions
http://www.steelehouse.com (undergoing a much-needed redesign)
http://www.vimeo.com/steelehouse

Return to posts index

zeynep ayguler
Re: should i ever trust fcp item properties??
on Nov 21, 2009 at 1:19:00 am

hello..thanks for the respond...that issue is remaining to being a mystery about fcp for me too...

and..another strange thing is..as i mentioned in one of the previous article.. that some time ago i got across that passage while reading the Shake4 manual at p.197..(under field rendering settings passage)..and..it was written;

• odd/1: Use this setting for video media with a field dominance of odd (counting
from the top) first. This is generally the setting for PAL images. In Final Cut Pro, this
setting is referred to as Lower (Even).

so..is that mean PAL upper field first images is referred to lower(even) in final cut pro??.. i really can't understand that relation..

if anyone could explain,i really be glad..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]