FORUMS: list search recent posts

The effect cannot be rendered with current graphics card

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Buer
The effect cannot be rendered with current graphics card
on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:21:06 pm

Hi there.

I know this topic has been covered before, but I've tried all of the forums suggestions and am still having the same result.

The warning message tells e that I cannot render this effect (bloom,dazzle,color solid) in a sequence of this size with current graphics card. I have tried using 8 bit rendering, 8 bit uncompressed settings etc with no success.

I am working on an IMac 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with an ATI RadeonHD2600 Pro Graphics card.

My footage was transcoded to 1920x1080 Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)

MY sequence settings are:
Frame Size: 1440x1080 (HD 16:9)
Pixel A/R: HD (1440x1080)
Compressor: Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)

My boss is thinking of purchasing a new IMac as another interim computer before we can get a Mac Pro, with the Nvidea GeForce 9400M Graphics Card. So My question(s) is this:

Is there anything I can do with our current computer that will solve the rendering issue?

More importantly, will the Nvidea GeForce 9400M card in the new IMac solve the rendering issue?

And if not, then what graphics cards can you guys suggest that will be compatible with a new IMac that will be able to handle the rendering issue?

And lastly, if the answer is 'no' to all of the above, which graphics cards will be able to handle rendering of kind?

Thanks for your time,

Nick

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: The effect cannot be rendered with current graphics card
on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:29:33 pm

[Nicholas Buer] "My footage was transcoded to 1920x1080 Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)

MY sequence settings are:
Frame Size: 1440x1080 (HD 16:9)
Pixel A/R: HD (1440x1080)
Compressor: Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) "

So why is your Sequence anamorphic? If your footage is 1920x1080 ProRes, then you should be in a 1920 x 1080 Square sequence.

I don't know much about the graphics cards in the iMacs but I'm sure there are limits to what they can do. We run ATI cards in all our Mac Pros here with the 4870 the latest card of choice.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
Credits include multiple Emmy, Telly, Aurora and Peabody Awards.
Owner, Biscardi Creative Media featuring HD Post

Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Read my Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Hector Silva
on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:29:40 pm

If switching to 8 bit rendering didn't help solve your issue, probably the only other option is running it on a computer with a 512MB (minimum) graphics card.

iMacs are terribad for FCP work.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:44:02 pm

[Hector Silva] "iMacs are terribad for FCP work. "

No, iMacs are awesome for FCP work as in editing video using the proper codecs. Where they fall short are plug-ins and special effects. I'm cutting part of a feature documentary on a new iMac as we speak. ProRes 720p/60 HD material off an ethernet based SAN. It's just awesome.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
Credits include multiple Emmy, Telly, Aurora and Peabody Awards.
Owner, Biscardi Creative Media featuring HD Post

Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Read my Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Nicholas Buer
on Aug 25, 2009 at 3:18:53 pm

Thanks for your responses. Sorry Walter, you are right I should be in 1920x1080 Square, I think I trusted FCP a little too much when it came to picking my sequence setting!

Anyway, the 20" IMac's NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor only has 256MB of memory.

So if my boss were to purchase the 24" model with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory, or the ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory, this should solve the rendering issue?

If so, which of the two would you recommend?

Thanks guys, apologies for my ignorance :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]