FORUMS: list search recent posts

OK so where are the manuals!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olof ekbergh
OK so where are the manuals!
on Jul 29, 2009 at 2:28:03 am

Am I the only one who cant find pdf manuals for v7.

The Help is really slow and fairly useless.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: OK so where are the manuals!
on Jul 29, 2009 at 2:45:41 am

In FCP under Help. Online at Apple.com/finalcutstudio. Exploring Final Cut Pro booklet in your documentation that came with your software.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Jul 29, 2009 at 7:07:04 am

They are here Olof: http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Jul 29, 2009 at 12:13:21 pm

Like I said, that manual system is useless.

What we really need i PDF manuals, that are fast to load, not partially web based proprietary manuals.

I really liked the FCS 2 hard manuals. PDF versions like those would be fine.

I am calling apple and complaining about that "help system". I would encourage anyone else that feels the same way to call as well.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 29, 2009 at 12:29:12 pm

Is there no PDF file in the Help menu as there is in FCP6?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Jul 29, 2009 at 12:38:00 pm

"Is there no PDF file in the Help menu as there is in FCP6? "

Not that I can find.

You actually get a crippled Safari window with a lot of links to Apple's website, most of the manual is on your disc. But it is not a pdf. It is Browser based.

You can only print 1 page at a time not an entire chapter or whole manual.

I guess all the manuals are there but it is a real pain to deal with.

I would be happy to pay $50-100 for real hard manuals. Less for PDF's, but there really should be pdf's.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 29, 2009 at 12:50:31 pm

And of course you have to be on the Internet, which is very unfortunate, and not so easy in many places where news is made.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Jul 29, 2009 at 2:23:22 pm

the old PDF manuals are gone, replaced by html versions of the manuals ... but whilst they are a re far cry from the perfectly good pdf manuals we had before you shouldn't be having performance issues with them and you certainly shouldn't need internet access

you can find the local FCP manual by right clicking the FCP application icon and choosing Show Package Contents from the context menu, then navigating to Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Resources/finalcutpro_help/usermanual ... double click the file named index.html to open it in a browser window

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Jul 29, 2009 at 3:19:48 pm

There are a lot of parts of the help system that requires an internet connection. The only PDF is the:

Final Cut Pro 7: Exploring Final Cut Pro
Provides a fast‑paced introduction to the main features and tasks in Final Cut Pro, encouraging hands‑on exploration for new users. This document is a PDF version of the printed Exploring Final Cut Pro manual.

Have you noticed that if you don't navigate to the index page through package content you don't get a full Safari window.

It is better when you open this page then you can use tabs for marking pages and create shortcuts. Printing is still a major pain.

I know a lot of manuals come this way but I think it is a big mistake and we should point that out to Apple.

Maybe Apple is doing this to be nice to all the people who write manuals and training sites. But I still think it is not nice for users. We deserve full PDF manuals.

Apple could easily do this and post them on the WEB.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jul 29, 2009 at 5:09:21 pm

No PDF manuals that ship with FCS 2009. Sorry.

Kevin Monahan
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Jul 29, 2009 at 7:10:12 pm

Not a deal breaker, but I agree that a down-loadable PDF would be a good option.
I have the FCS2 manuals on my (windows) laptop, and refer to them often when I'm not in front of the Mac, often to answer questions.
Also very handy when teaching. It allows me to look up things I can't remember without disrupting the session.

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Jul 29, 2009 at 7:27:03 pm

Its infuriating not having printed manuals or pdf equivalents. At least Adobe product help page has links to current updated pdfs of their manuals.

Perhaps I'm a dinosaur, but I prefer a paper manual.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jul 30, 2009 at 10:51:05 am

We're both dinosaurs, but the linking and PDF manuals are okay. I'll probably only look at a printed manual once or twice a year, but it is 'comforting' to have it. Oh well...

Return to posts index

Rob Hargreaves
on Apr 6, 2010 at 12:39:39 pm

Not sure if you guys still want a Final Cut Pro 7 Manual, but here it is... all 1990 pages in PDF!

http://rapidshare.com/files/372652695/Final_Cut_Pro_7_User_Manual.pdf.zip

Enjoy!

Return to posts index

Mike Johnson
on May 20, 2010 at 6:43:51 pm

I also just discovered this major oversight on Apple's part.
I called them and was given this direct link to download the pdf versions straight from Apple:

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#professionalsoftware

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]