FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering in the Background?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Nethery
Rendering in the Background?
on Jul 23, 2009 at 7:31:46 pm

So if I can Easy Export.... Render and Compress in the background to a movie file and keep working... Then can I just start rending a sequence and move over to another sequence and keep working?

Does anyone know... from experience? I have about 10 work stations and I have the okay to make the upgrade. But I don't want to deal with the headaches of bugs for 10 different people... If it's not worth it yet.

thanx for the input, dan.

"Easyexport. Use the new Share window in Final Cut Pro or Motion for single-click
delivery to your Apple devices, the web, a Blu-ray disc, or a DVD. Choose your output
format from the Share window, then keep working while your projects are rendered,
compressed, and even published to the web in the background."

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Rendering in the Background?
on Jul 23, 2009 at 7:38:51 pm

Never jump quickly in a working environment, you should set up a test drive on one system if you want to jump in.

But I don't think the feature in background "rendering" what I have read is background "encoding" which is the process of sending a sequence to Compressor for encoding. This is huge for me because that is the way I always encode m2v's. Now I can work on something else.

I may have missed the render thing.

Return to posts index

Dan Nethery
on Jul 23, 2009 at 7:43:04 pm

Thats how it would work... one or two test machines for about 1 - 2 weeks...

I have about 6 guys chomping at the bit... thinking they can export a rough for DVD, and a movie for CC, wile they keep working...

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 23, 2009 at 7:55:36 pm

[Dan Nethery] "I have about 6 guys chomping at the bit... thinking they can export a rough for DVD, and a movie for CC, wile they keep working..."
To my understanding the answer would be yes!

The biggest problem would be if something goes screwly the projects cannot go backwards. How nice would that be! Maybe in FCP7.5 or 8.

Return to posts index

Matt Tureck
on Jul 23, 2009 at 8:06:02 pm

Don't know why anyone would ever upgrade to a X.0 app if they didn't have to. I always like to wait a while to let others deal with the inevitable issues the 1st generations always have.

Return to posts index

Elijah Lynn
on Jul 24, 2009 at 12:37:26 am

Hey Dan. Yes.

Watch this video from Ripple Training. It is pretty sweet, you can even start editing the same sequence right after sending to compressor. I really like Brian Gary's narration too!

http://www.box.net/shared/static/74rypctnbi.mov

Return to posts index

Frank Pledge
on Jul 24, 2009 at 1:02:02 am

He's asking whether or not you can render a sequence (not a compressor render) and the click out to another seq and keep on editing.

I'd love to know if that's the case as well. I bet no.

G5 2.5 Dual PPC
4Gigs Ram
FCS2
Leopard

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 24, 2009 at 2:36:55 am

You can do background export and analysis, but not sequence rendering.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Dan Nethery
on Jul 24, 2009 at 1:19:37 pm

It's to bad that you couldn't Start an Export... then FCP would render and compress the sequence.... Once it was done all of the rendering it did would leave that render in place. In the sequence... I know FCP doesn't do that now... But it seems like all of that render work isn't be taken full advantage of.

If that was the case we would do mock exports to a folder that was trashed everyday.

We render everything here 1080 10bit Uncompressed... We are heavy on compositing and effects... Some of the stuff takes 6 - 7 hours.... We render everything in the sequence before we do real exports for finals. To many bad render to take a chance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]