FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening Titles and Closing Credits

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Aaron Metchik
Opening Titles and Closing Credits
on Jun 17, 2009 at 7:18:16 pm

I just completed an indie feature and have created a temp title sequence in FCP as well as rolling credits in the end. We shot at 1920 by 1080 resolution 23.98 and are going to end up with an HDCAM master. The credits look good on my small screen, but are there reasons why I should have the credits redone by a professional?

I've heard there's a difference between the way the fonts are created in FCP vs. other programs. Something about vectors vs pixels?

Is LiveType an alternative to going to a title house? My first priority is to finish this film in the most professional way possible, but I'd hate to pay for something that can be one just as well and with EQUALLY high quality on either of these software programs.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Victor Perez
Re: Opening Titles and Closing Credits
on Jun 17, 2009 at 7:40:53 pm

We use Boris Title Crawl included with FCP 6 for our end credit roll. Our programs air on various networks and cable outlets and we have not had any complaints yet.

there are some on the Cow who will not use Live Type on projects for broadcast.

Victor

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
on Jun 17, 2009 at 8:31:33 pm

Go to videocopilot.net, get some ideas/inspiration, then fire up after effects....

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jun 17, 2009 at 8:54:33 pm

Digital Film Tree uses LiveType for their credits on "Weeds". Good enough for them, good enough for you. Personally, I use Motion for all videographics except rolls/crawls which I do with Boris Title 3D in FCP.

Kevin Monahan
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

Victor Perez
on Jun 17, 2009 at 10:00:04 pm

I mentioned using a LiveType .ipr file to another user who had various titles on their project and needed an easy way to change them all at once instead of cutting and pasting the same change over and over. When I was finally released by those who insisted on not using LiveType for broadcast I stopped mentioning it as a rule.

So how does one get a gig at DFT?

Victor

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]