FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP echoing audio feedback loop

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Bird
FCP echoing audio feedback loop
on Jun 12, 2009 at 3:39:23 am

FCP 6.0.4, MacPro 2.66, 5GB ram, OS 10.4.11

Recently swapped out my Kona LHe for an I/O HD. As per AJA's advice, I removed the old drivers and software/control panel before installing the new software.

I can't explain what causes it, but if I switch back and forthe between apps, any sound (iTunes, QT, Internet source, FCP, etc.) starts to echo on a 1 second delay and create a feedback loop. Sometimes switching apps again or causing another audio source to begin will break the loop. Sometimes I can only stop the source that's feeding back and restart software/hardware.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tim

Return to posts index

Tim Bird
Re: FCP echoing audio feedback loop
on Jun 12, 2009 at 4:19:09 am

UPDATE:

OK, I just shut everything down and restarted. I imported a piece of voice over (AIFF 48kHz) and started cutting it into the timeline. It played fine.

When I got to the first clip of video, the audio started stuttering/echo/feeding back again. I cued back to a voice over clip and it played fine. Video clip stutter.

The video was brought in from AVC-HD shot on an HMC-150 (not mine) and had played back without a problem prior to my switchover to the IO HD last week (see my other post from tonight.)

Hmmm, thoughts?

Tim

Return to posts index

Kevin Gardam
Re: FCP echoing audio feedback loop
on Jun 12, 2009 at 2:12:24 pm

Hi Tim,
This is a bug with the IO HD, go to sound prefs on the mac and deselect IO HD out and select mac output. The io HD will still handle the audio out so no worries. Have a search on this forum and you should turn up something.
Kev

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]