FORUMS: list search recent posts

question about this macbook pro w FCP2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
question about this macbook pro w FCP2
on Jun 11, 2009 at 7:47:34 pm

I am getting ready to up grade at least one mac. I found this one at MAC MALL.

http://www.macmall.com/ttsvr/p/product~dpno~7837594~pdp.ffeechc?isPopup=y

15.4" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive 7200RPM, NVIDIA GeForce 9600MGT 512MB VR, SuperDrive, Gigabit Ethernet, Airport Extreme Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, iSight camera, OS X 10.5 Leopard. I can also get VM ware Fusion and XP home edition.

Will I still have some life and be optimized to go to show leopard? Will the graphics card hold out for a while? I use AE CS3 and photoshop?

I am looking at the new 15 inch that just came out, and basically with all the same bells and whistles I am looking at 3200.00.

Since I use P2 media, and I like the idea of the SD slot, I don't know what work-arounds there are yet for us P2, estata and raid guys. I am also going to get a matrox MX02.

Any speculation would help, to save a few hundred bucks.

Cheers

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Nelson May
Re: cancel - question about this macbook pro w FCP2
on Jun 11, 2009 at 7:52:33 pm

Cancel this post please. I had a brain malfunction. It is the same MACbook.

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: question about this macbook pro w FCP2
on Jun 11, 2009 at 7:59:33 pm

I'm pretty sure that link goes to the new MBP w/out the express34. IMO without the express34 slot it is not a Pro laptop. You need a 2nd I/O bus for decks or faster drives.

But the older systems will run software and OS just fine.

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on Jun 11, 2009 at 8:16:15 pm

you are correct sir. I found the last generation for about 1800.00 with a 2.55Ghz chipset.

So does Apple have a clue that they are not going to sell many of these to guys like us. Even if we have other cameras and don't use P2, we still have to get to our drives and I/O cards when we are on the road.

Will there be anything that can go into the SD card slot? I would hope not. It would be thin and can easily break!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 11, 2009 at 8:26:48 pm

If you plan on getting an MXO2, then your only option is the 17" MacBook Pro. Or you can look for the older models for sale, or refirb. They still have that Express slot...and yes, since they are Intel they will work with Snow Leopard.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kent Stipp
on Jun 11, 2009 at 8:38:55 pm

on that same note it goes for the IoHD as well
what are you going to put your media too with no express 34 slot.

Kent Stipp
Life Begins at 155mph
Ki PRO Lens to Post
3am Studios llc.
3amstudios.org
Sharedsummitsfever.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]