FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scaling Effects and Images in FCP 6.0.5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Ulm
Scaling Effects and Images in FCP 6.0.5
on Mar 25, 2009 at 3:22:50 pm

I've been having some problems lately with video/graphics scaling in Final Cut Pro. Essentially it looks like the field dominance is making all of my graphics fuzzy when put into a timeline where the graphics need to be scaled. For example. I'm doing a 16:9 SD project right now where I'm trying to import graphics (both motion and still) created in 1280x720. When you bring these graphics/clips up in the viewer they are crystal clear but, after having rendered them in the timeline, they look fuzzy. When I change the field dominance of the timeline to None they clear up but then, of course, the video has interlacing problems. I'm creating the still graphics in Photoshop CS2 and motion in Boris Red 3. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Dan Mott
Re: Scaling Effects and Images in FCP 6.0.5
on Mar 25, 2009 at 3:53:15 pm

Have you checked your sequence settings to make sure everything matches up? In the past I had this happen to me, and realized that my QuickTime Video Settings Compressor was not matching my sequence size. (IE: I had an HD sequence with a DV-NTSC Compressor setting. Once I switched that to the HD setting, my graphics cleared up.)

This may not be the case, but its worth a shot...

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Mar 25, 2009 at 4:03:51 pm

You need to monitor your work on a broadcast monitor. If you don't have one yet, scale your Canvas to precisely 100%. Let us know how it looks after you do that.

Kevin Monahan
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

Matthew Ulm
on Mar 25, 2009 at 4:17:17 pm

We actually have a really nice panasonic BT-LH1760 monitor running SDI from an AJA ioHD. The settings for the sequence are as follows:

Frame Size: 720:480 NTSC DV (3:2)
Pixel Aspect Ratio: NTSC -CCIR/DV(720x780) Anamorphic 16:9(Checked)
Field Dominance: Lower(Even)
Editing Timebase: 29.97
Quicktime Video Settings:
Compressor: DVCPRO50-NTSC
Quality: 100%

Return to posts index

Josh Olenslager
on Mar 26, 2009 at 7:49:46 pm

Have you tried to save/export your graphics coming out of photoshop with interlaced dominance (versus none)? Would probably help with DV render issues.

Josh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]