FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP - SD B-Roll Cut with mixed format timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Maples
HELP - SD B-Roll Cut with mixed format timeline
on Feb 13, 2009 at 6:30:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm cutting some b-roll to be used on a national talk show. I just talked to their editor and the tape I originally sent them has some field dominance issues. The current sequence in question has 2 formats, HDV and DVCPro SD. The Final output is DV NTSC.

In my timeline, I have the HDV files scaled up to fit full frame (67% original) cut in with the DVCPro footage.... Here's the problem, the HDV shots are Upper Field First dominance and the DVCPro SD shots are Lower Field First.

What do I need to do to the sequence to do a print to tape that doesn't have field flicker? I know that DV NTSC is LFF. Do I just need to do a -1 field shift filter on the HDV clips or what?? I'm under a massive time crunch as their show goes to tape on Tuesday or Wednesday next week and I can't get any more tape over nighted to them after this afternoon....

Please help, and thanks in advance!
Rob

--
Doobie Doobie Doo
beware the penguins

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HELP - SD B-Roll Cut with mixed format timeline
on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:03:15 pm

Your HDV clips should have a shift fields filter on them. Do they?

Return to posts index

Rob Maples
on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:08:23 pm

Yes they did. It was a +1 Field Shift... But they still flickered when being previewed through our SD deck/monitor.

I just output a tape changing all the +1 shifts to -1 and that seems to have cleared it up... Does this make sense?

--
Doobie Doobie Doo
beware the penguins

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:13:02 pm

Sure. Whatever looks best. Also make sure that the y value in the center property of the motion tab is on a whole even number.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Rob Maples
on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:14:46 pm

Alright, thanks Jeremy for the help. Now the PR department won't be asking for my head :D

--
Doobie Doobie Doo
beware the penguins

Return to posts index

Adam Paez
HDV and DV layback to tape
on Mar 1, 2011 at 1:01:58 am

I have a similar problem.

I have a timeline that is 720p25 and I have mixed in some DV PAL footage. Will I need to mixdown the video in some way to make it layback correctly to tape?

I am going to layback to 720p25 HDV tape (miniDV).

I think the progressive vs. interlaced footage might be an issue.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam Paez
Re: HDV and DV layback to tape
on Mar 2, 2011 at 3:58:04 pm

I'm sorry....maybe I shouldn't have posted in here? I just searched and saw that our problems were so similar. Please tell me if I should just start a new post next time. I'm kinda new to this whole forum thing.

Thanks

Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]