FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with stopping playback when working with HDV in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Brownfield
Problems with stopping playback when working with HDV in FCP
on Feb 10, 2009 at 9:54:49 pm

I'm currently working on a project that was shot in HDV and when stopping video either in the canvas or viewer window it takes time to stop. In the viewer it seems to be a couple of frames but in the canvas window it can be as long as a second. This is very frustrating especially when editing audio!

Does anyone have a suggestion on how this maybe fixed???

Thanks
Anna B

Return to posts index

Gregory Butner
Re: Problems with stopping playback when working with HDV in FCP
on Feb 10, 2009 at 11:31:52 pm

HDV uses MPEG2 compression which can be processor intensive. The compression of HDV is spread out over multiple frames which may explain why you have a delay when stopping your footage playback. When I edit HDV footage I usually convert it to an uncompressed format when capturing. You may need to convert your footage to an intermediate codec like apple pro res 422 (although i have encountered problems with apple pro res as well). What frame rate are you working with? What are your system specs? How is your sequence set up?

Greg

Return to posts index

Anna Brownfield
Re: Problems with stopping playback when working with HDV in FCP
on Feb 10, 2009 at 11:44:27 pm

We are working in 25fps. In regards to system specs, intel based Mac pro about 8GB ram, 2GHz processor...these are off the top of my head so may not be exactly correct and I think the video card is Black magic extreme HD. The sequence is HDV 1080i50.

Thanks
Anna B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]