FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixel Shape for Still Image

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Singer
Pixel Shape for Still Image
on Jan 30, 2009 at 5:28:57 pm

Common situation, brain-dead me can't remember the formula. I have a graphic that includes a round earth element but when imported into FCP, it goes [of course] all out egg shaped. I changed the pixel aspect in Photoshop to D4/D16 Standard and also tried "Square," both with no luck. On import to FCP, the egg shaped earth is still there and I see no difference between any of the files - the original graphic, the one with square pixels or the one that's D4. Help welcomed gratefully. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alex D'Eath
Re: Pixel Shape for Still Image
on Jan 30, 2009 at 5:49:48 pm

Try using the distort function in the viewer window to "square" up your image. I don't remember all the basic formulas.

Alex D'Eath
alex@spacecityfilms.com
Operations Manager
Space City Films, Inc
Above... & Beyond

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
on Jan 30, 2009 at 5:55:12 pm

In Photoshop, have you tried changing the pixel aspect ratio to D1/DV NTSC (0.9)? That is the one I usually use. I've never used D4/D16 Standard

Robert J. Grauert, Jr.

Return to posts index

Raymond Singer
on Jan 30, 2009 at 6:43:35 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've tried that. The image looks just fine in Photoshop, Motion and DVD Studio, but when viewed on a monitor, it goes goofy again. The Earth looks stretched.

Return to posts index

Raymond Singer
on Jan 30, 2009 at 7:26:16 pm

And the answer is, for those who'd like to know: Change the pixel shape in DVD Studio. Yeesh, couldn't be simpler, eh?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 31, 2009 at 1:32:39 am

[Raymond Singer] "And the answer is, for those who'd like to know: Change the pixel shape in DVD Studio. Yeesh, couldn't be simpler, eh?"
This is not a simple solution. DVDSTP is not an application to tweak those parameters.
When you import your Photoshop file to FC you should have check it in the Browser as Square pixels.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Raymond Singer
on Jan 31, 2009 at 6:31:10 am

Yes, thank, Raphael. The image has to be prepared properly in Photoshop [which I'd done]. But if DVD Studio is set for the wrong shape pixels, no matter how the file comes in, Studio changes it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]