FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Capture Blu Ray with Kona LHe

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex D'Eath
Live Capture Blu Ray with Kona LHe
on Jan 14, 2009 at 3:28:55 pm

Don't know if anybody has tried this, but is it possible to capture direct from a blu ray player into FCP with a Kona LHe. I have some footage from the Japanese space agency that needs to be included in a space program. The video images were sent to us in HD but on a blu ray disc. I would like to live capture but am unsure of the settings.

Thanks

Al

Alex D'Eath
alex@spacecityfilms.com
Operations Manager
Space City Films, Inc
Above... & Beyond

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Live Capture Blu Ray with Kona LHe
on Jan 14, 2009 at 3:50:23 pm

Just connect the BluRay via Component and use "Uncontrollable Device" for the device settings.

Use Capture Now and away you go.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Alex D'Eath
on Jan 14, 2009 at 6:50:18 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Walter,

I spoke to the fine folks at AJA and turns out the issue was with the output setting from the BD player. It was configured to 525i. I had the frame buffer and the ingest settings in FCP set to either 1080i for 720p and it could not make the conversion. Once my boss got the remote and manual from his house I was able to make the changes to the output from the analog side and now the Kona reads 720p on the analog input side. Once the editors clear out of the bay I will give it a shot as you have suggested. I kind of figured this should be fairly easy. Thanks for your expertise. By the way Good Eats is one of my favorite programs. I had to catch the Making Of special on a replay just so I could see you on TV.

Thanks

Al

Alex D'Eath
alex@spacecityfilms.com
Operations Manager
Space City Films, Inc
Above... & Beyond

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 14, 2009 at 6:56:08 pm

[Alex D'Eath] "I had to catch the Making Of special on a replay just so I could see you on TV. "

Yeah I would love to be able to rotoscope myself back into that scene. I'm about 60 pounds lighter now than when we shot that episode!!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Jerry Alto
on Jan 14, 2009 at 9:09:02 pm

Walter- Rotoscope? What about all that space created from the old Walter to the new Walter? Would you make that transparent? Let's see...... I think you had a tutorial on the garbage mat.....

Jerry

G5 Dual 3GB Ram
FCP Studio 6.02
External 1 TB SATA Raid 0
Kona LH, Second system w AJA ioLA
Sony Z-1
GV-HD700

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 15, 2009 at 2:19:28 am

[Jerry Alto] " What about all that space created from the old Walter to the new Walter? Would you make that transparent?"

I'd add a really cool cape and some wind effects. "Have No Fear, Underdog is Here!" Oh wait, that's Shane's line.....

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Jerry Alto
on Jan 15, 2009 at 3:59:48 am

Walter- I'd add a really cool cape and some wind effects. "Have No Fear, Underdog is Here!"

I LIKE it!

Jerry

G5 Dual 3GB Ram
FCP Studio 6.02
External 1 TB SATA Raid 0
Kona LH, Second system w AJA ioLA
Sony Z-1
GV-HD700

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]