FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV 50I and 25p to 25p workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Yoong
HDV 50I and 25p to 25p workflow
on Dec 17, 2008 at 7:55:58 pm

Hi,

My first post here! I am working on a project shooting with a Canon Xh-A1. My footage is a mix of 25p and 50i HDV. I would normally shoot everything at 25p but the 50i setting allows me to do smooth slow motion. I have a few questions about optimum workflow.

What should my sequence settings be if I want to output progressive footage. Is it best to put all of the 50i and 25p on a 25p timeline, and will this deinterlace the footage, or should I use a 50i timeline and try to de-interlace another way? (I have nattress smart deinterlacer) Do the individual clip settings have to be changed in any way?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: HDV 50I and 25p to 25p workflow
on Dec 17, 2008 at 9:42:13 pm

HDV shot on the Canon is 50i. The 25p setting is psf which means a progressive image segmented into a 50i signal. So you 25p material is actually 50i with identical fields.

The correct setting is HDV 50i in your easy setup. If you wish to deinterlace then the Nattress filters are good for that.

Return to posts index

Andy Yoong
Re: HDV 50I and 25p to 25p workflow
on Dec 17, 2008 at 10:19:29 pm

Do I need to change the field dominance settings in either the time line or the 50i or 25p clips? I have in the past used a hdv 25p timeline with no field dominance. Does this produce progressive footage? Is this a bad workflow and if so why.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]