FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC 250 and 720p 24 works on Intel but not G5???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Flood
JVC 250 and 720p 24 works on Intel but not G5???
on Dec 5, 2008 at 3:44:49 pm

Yo Kids!

Client shot some JVC 24P on a HD250. connected it up to FCP 5.1.4 os 10.4
on a dual core G5, loaded Easy Setup 720p 24, and NADA, no control, no video, ZIP, ZERO!

thrashed around with it for a couple of hours, various combinations of starting machines, connecting, launching, and still nothing.

did extensive searching on this forum and Google looking for answers, and did not find anything conclusive...mostly other people having similar symptom, and one ex prince from nigeria want us to help him get his millions back (just kidding on that last bit)

Soooo

rather than spend too much time and frustration, i just hooked it up HD SDI to the Kona LHe in the machine, and captured the necessary footage using Capture Now.

NOW IT GET INTERESTING:

just before we packed up the camera to give it back, we tried it on our Intel quad core also running FCP 5.1.4 and OS 10.4.

hooked it up same, camera settings same, loaded Easy Setup 720p 24 and BAM! Sound, pictures, tc, control all perfect!

WAHTS THE DEAL?

My keen trouble shooting mind immediately comes to the conclusion that the EZ Setup 720p 24 doesnt work on the G5, or that there is something up with the G5 that "bollocks it up" as it were.

anyone else have or observe this problem? any thoughts on whether or not its a global G5 issue, or just my G5, and why?

thanx in advance!

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: JVC 250 and 720p 24 works on Intel but not G5???
on Dec 5, 2008 at 5:02:55 pm

no it works perfectly fine on a G5.

did you try an alternate firewire port?

try the front if the rear is what failed.

Return to posts index

Chris Detjen
on Dec 5, 2008 at 5:13:47 pm

We did try both Firewire ports and different cables. Also rebooted both the computer and camera multiple times. The only time the camera was seen by FCP, Dual 2.7GHz PowerPC connected via Firewire, was when we captured a test DV clip recorded with the camera. Able to capture HDV from a Sony deck fine, but JVC HDV playing back on the JVC 250 was problematic.

Return to posts index

bob flood
on Dec 5, 2008 at 5:24:32 pm

Chris

thanx

no it works perfectly fine on a G5.

then it must be OUR G5.

Unfort. the camera is gone now (loaner) so we will have to wait till another day

thanx for your help!

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]