FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinema Tools, one really quick one

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Roberts
Cinema Tools, one really quick one
on Dec 5, 2008 at 3:28:56 pm

Hey guys, thanks so much for all the help so far. It's going great but I just had one simply quick question:

After I've captured clips from a DVCAM tape, do I need to connect my clips back to my CT database BEFORE I reverse telecine the clips to 23.98 or does the order even matter? Thanks!

p.s. CT after batch reverse telecinie-ing a folder of clips, tells me I'll need to reconnect in FCP since frames have been trimmed (29fps to 23.98). That makes sense but I've never seen that message in CT several years ago when I was doing this?

Return to posts index

Steven Gonzales
Re: Cinema Tools, one really quick one
on Dec 5, 2008 at 5:47:20 pm

The quicktime clips you are editing in the timeline need to be connected to the database records in Cinema Tools.

When you go to make a film list, Final Cut says "this is the portion of this particular quicktime file that was used" to which Cinema Tools says "Oh, I'm connected to that same Quicktime file, so I can calculate based on the frames you used what the keycodes are".

So if you're editing with the 23.98 versions of the clips, those are the one you would connect to Cinema Tools. Thus you would do it after reverse telecine.

Return to posts index

Bryan Roberts
Re: Cinema Tools, one really quick one
on Dec 5, 2008 at 5:50:51 pm

Perfect, thanks for the logic explanation. My logic that I feared was if the logs are based on the DVCAM tapes at 29.97, that if I tried to connect clips for the first time after reverse telecine that those logs would be looking for the same 29.97 frame rate and then not connect properly with the new 23.98 version.

Again, thanks for your answer!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]