FORUMS: list search recent posts

pro media plug in crash

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dilesh Korya
pro media plug in crash
on Dec 2, 2008 at 10:16:37 pm

Hi,
Keep on getting crashes- 7 or 8 tmes a day. I get a notice saying iot could be my 'Pro Media Plug In'; can't find this plug-in. I use a lot of embedded Motion clips. It could be because of this. (I sometimes get "Pro Graphics Plug In' text). Anyone have any idea what this could be? Is it trouble with Motion and FCP? Does the new update sort this problem out?

I am using Latest Leopard, FCP Studio 6.04. Blackmagic HD Extreme. 8 Core Xeon Mac Pro.

Follow Up: I have since created a new project, re-digitised the media with new up ressed source media (from DV to Pro Res HQ). All Motion clips replaced with quicktime movies. Still crashing

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Alexandre Bouquin
Re: pro media plug in crash
on Feb 23, 2009 at 4:53:33 pm

Same problem here.
Using lots of .motn in my FCP sequence... (FCP 6.0.5)
Keep getting "Pro Media Plug-In" crashes.
Currently on a Dual-Core Intel Xeon 3GHzx2 MacPro with 8GB RAM,
and OS X 10.5.6.

Return to posts index

Alexandre Bouquin
on Feb 23, 2009 at 5:44:18 pm

... was in fact "ProGraphics plug-in" crashes (and not "Pro Media") in my case. I'm suspecting a lack of RAM in my machine.

Return to posts index

Dilesh Korya
on Feb 23, 2009 at 6:41:10 pm

No, its not your RAM. I get both errors messages. The only way to reduce the problem is to create QT's of the Motion projects. Get rid of emedded motion projects. Then render the Timeline section by section, saving each time. Once you have rendered the entire TL, then you will find that the crashes will stop. Normally I have been told that it was the embedded Motion clips, but I think problem lies much deeper. FCP timeline, maybe, cannot handle lots of content from all its other subsidiary software. I did try to get rid of all my Motion clips, but I still had issues- but conditions were slightly different.
Just get through the rendering first- that's the diffcult bit. Was hoping Apple would resolve this issue on last update- but didn't.
Sorry cant help further. Couldn't resolve it myslf; just don't have too much to render and not too many Motion clips (I think!!)

Return to posts index

John O'Brien
on Feb 5, 2010 at 5:47:02 am

This error is also happening to me on a 45-minute sequence with lots of MOTION files and it is KILLING me. KILLING me. Constant crashes. Slowness. I have quadcore Mac

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Dilesh Korya
on Feb 6, 2010 at 7:08:01 pm

Hi John, Sorry for the trouble. The only solution I ever found (I continued with a number of edits after) was to edit each and every Motion clip on the timeline, once you had placed them in. I would recommend you render each clip, one by one (remember saving after each). This wont completely solve the crashes, they will still happen, but less. Also, if you have a big project, and to speed up re-load of project after crash- transfer the timeline to a new project. Then render fro there. Will be qucker to re-start.
Then transfer the rendered clips back (there is a really quick way to do it, using search for 'motn' fles, apple-c, then on the old TL, find first motion clip, and press apple-v, sorry havent got time to explain further).

Hope all this helps.

Return to posts index

Kevin Leeser
on Feb 13, 2010 at 3:02:48 am

I'm having the same issue, when the sequence was under 6 minutes long i could render out anything i wanted, then i added more content and stuff started getting bad... thought it was my ram, my drive, my cat... i guess its just bad code. my sequence is over here, http://captainhookup.com/3ac/alphabet_animals.html each animal is a separate motion file... but i guess its too much for the mac to handle... but hard to believe.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 13, 2010 at 5:20:35 am

And what about a bit of System maintenance/
Cleaning caches, rebuilding directories, repairing permissions, File's Finder Info, B-trees?
There are much more miss functions in FC coming from a poor maintained System, than coming from the very FC.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Dilesh Korya
on Feb 13, 2010 at 8:43:28 pm

Thanks for the thought Rafael. But trust me, over the last year (since I first posted this problem), I have tried all sorts of things (including clean re-install, including OS install). Nothing resolved the issue. It is great that more people are responding to this- because I thought it was just my system.
I am now using FCP 7, will post any further problems once they start.
Remember anyone who uses Motion clips in FCP, don't leave them without rendering them once they are placed on the TL, and save before you start rendering the clip.

Return to posts index

Kevin Leeser
on Feb 14, 2010 at 6:26:29 pm

Yah, so i resorted to a clean OS install, and then Loaded Leapord, then Loaded FCP... is that the best order?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]