FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cute Story

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Shane Ross
Re: Cute Story
on Nov 25, 2008 at 9:54:11 am

An Octo Mac, an iMac AND a MacBook and he cannot afford FCS 2? Uhm, how about one LESS computer buddy?

Sorry...this kid seems a tad spoiled to me.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on Nov 25, 2008 at 6:56:43 pm

SPOILED???

Are you kidding? Greenwich is one of the richest towns in the U.S. if not the planet! That kid could probably buy two Studios at full price!

But yes, Sean, a cute story.

Have a wonderful day.

Return to posts index

Boyd McCollum
on Nov 26, 2008 at 6:53:29 pm

I dunno, a high school student asking for a student discount doesn't sound too spoiled to me.

Return to posts index

Bob Flood
on Nov 25, 2008 at 8:53:54 pm

Shane

And i thought i was cynical! :)

Where Is Your (insert commercialized holiday here) Spirit?

gee, If I write a letter like that to Bill Gates, do you think he might send me a free copy of Microsoft Office?

bee eph

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
on Nov 26, 2008 at 1:36:15 am

strange story...

reminds me of my free FCP begging story..
in 2005 i lived in new york and a short film i edited won an editing award in a local festival. the prize, as stated in the program, was apples latest version of final cut. at the time, 4.5 HD was just over and Studio 1 came out. i was so thrilled and exited to upgrade from my hard earned student version of 4.5, but, to my surprise, when the award arrived it was the same old 4.5 bundle that i already had (about 2 month after the studio came out). and it was a non upgradeable version.

at this point i remember trying everything, from phone to letters, asking apple to replace the "prize" software i won for the actual version that was in stores.

nothing i wrote or said, made a difference, including being a poor student, a current owner of 4.5, a fan, a macbook owner (maybe if i had three macs...), it being fair (as 4.5 was already off stores at the time i won), it being only some plastic and cardboard for them... and even, ME WILLING TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE, ie. upgrade, in order to receive the newer version.

best answer i got at the time was that when apple sponsored the festival and offered the award 4.5 was the version and that's why they can't change it. they can't.

the rep that helped me eventually felt so sorry for me he promised to add to my award the latest OS, 10.4 which also just came out, yay,

and gave it to me on a burned DVD... really.

YMMV

maybe i should have just written a letter to Mr. Jobs...

:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]