FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP won't Show/Unhide; Must Force Quit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Kralik
FCP won't Show/Unhide; Must Force Quit
on Nov 13, 2008 at 12:47:52 am

I'm having a problem since yesterday. I'll output a Quicktime file with (DVCPRO50) as a self contained movie to a folder on the desktop. Same settings as the timeline. (or any other codec). When I hide FCP (FCP 6, updated) to check the folder with the movie (no, I'm not playing it in any player) and then try to go back to FCP... nothing happens. Dock shows FCP as open... still nothing. I have to force quit to continue with FCP. All other programs respond but FCP. Thankfully the Auto-Save function works flawlessly through the process. I also tried a reboot, go through the scenario again and still have the same problem. There is no remark in force quit (not responding). I also erased my preferences once and still it does it. I have all the latest updates for 10.5.5, a newer 15" 2.4 MacBook Pro, 320 GB 7200 RPM and 4 GB RAM. I've also been to the Apple forum and found no answer, only another person with a similar problem. Any help? This is becoming frustrating and detrimental to the workflow! lol Andy

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
Re: FCP won't Show/Unhide; Must Force Quit
on Nov 13, 2008 at 5:46:58 am

Don't know specifically what the problem could be....a number of issues like loading/unloading the program from memory and such comes to mind. Could be hardware, could be software.

Instead I offer you a work around. I have my ctrl, option, and apple keys on the right side of the keyboard mapped to fly out, show all windows, etc.....all those things that you can set under system preferences of OS X. One keystoke shows me my desktop, and the same keystroke, or click the edge of the screen, brings every window back to their original place. Incredible time saver!

Return to posts index

Mitch Lewis
on Oct 13, 2009 at 9:15:51 pm

I'm having the same problem. If I press the Space Bar FCP will play what ever is on the timeline as normal and I can view it as normal on our external monitor (using AJA Io HD). But I can't get the user interface to unhide. I tried pressing the Exposé button and it just showed the other windows I had open, not FCP.

BTW, I use the Option key to hide applications, is this what you all are using as well? For example if I want to hide FCP I just hold down the Option key and click on the desktop (or onto another open application). This hides FCP and switches you to the other application. I've been using this method without issue for years.

Hmmmmmmmmm...................

---------------------------
Sony EX3, Letus Ultimate, Nikon lenses, Sachtler tripod
20 years as a videographer/editor - HD and 35mm adaptor newbie
Experienced with Apple products, Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, MOTU Digital Performer, Flip4Mac, etc...

Return to posts index

Jeff Sandmann
on Aug 29, 2009 at 8:29:56 pm

I'm having the same problem. Every now and again when I hide FCP, I can't bring it back - I have to force quit, losing anything I hadn't yet saved. Mine's pretty unpredictable though. At first I just thought it was happening when I was running FCP and Photoshop at the same time, but now I'm realizing it also happens when I'm only running FCP. Hopefully someone might have a suggestion?

Return to posts index

Bob Singleton
on Feb 12, 2010 at 9:01:55 pm

Have you found a solution to your hide unhide problem? My Mac has just started the same thing.

FCP4 Cinewave4

Return to posts index

cowcow
Jeff Sandmann
on Feb 12, 2010 at 9:17:11 pm

No, I haven't really found a valid solution. However, the FCP hide/unhide seems to have worked itself out. Now Photoshop is having the same problem instead. Pretty wild.

Return to posts index

Brian Andersen
on Aug 15, 2011 at 4:29:03 am

Hi everybody, I am also having the same problem with FCP. It's intermittent, it actually seems to fix itself for months at a time and then it starts getting stuck in the dock again. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens more often than not now, I think it may happen more often when I'm running other programs. Rebooting constantly or working around it is getting frustrating, and I'm getting tired of just waiting for it to go away temporarily again. The interwebs seem to have no answers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]