FORUMS: list search recent posts

Water transitions / plug ins needed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Carbone
Water transitions / plug ins needed
on Oct 21, 2008 at 9:01:26 pm

Hello,
A client of mine wants to add some water / liquid transitions to a slide show he is editing. For reference, we have used the "ripple" transition that comes stock in FCP, but he is looking for others along the line of that.

I never really delve too far into the world of transitions and plug-ins, but I imagine there must be some sort of package I can buy that will include a few variations on water transitions. If anyone can recommend one to me I would greatly appreciate it.
I am using FCP 6.0.3 if that makes a difference.

thanks in advance
Dan

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Wave World in AE
on Oct 21, 2008 at 9:38:32 pm

Access to After Effects?
Super-realistic water ripples are easily created in Wave World. This is a generation system that creates grayscale movies that are used by other filters such as Colorama or Displacement.
I love Wave World.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Daniel Carbone
on Oct 21, 2008 at 9:46:03 pm

I do have access to After Effects and that seems to be where all the good transitions are. However I am trying to avoid the whole export/import multiple applications thing just because I know I will have to be making little tweaks as I progress though.

It may come down to After Effects if I cant find anything simpler but right now Im hoping for some basic FCP transitions with a few adjustable parameters.

Thanks a lot, Ill look into Wave World

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Oct 22, 2008 at 3:58:19 pm

[Daniel Carbone] "It may come down to After Effects if I cant find anything simpler but right now Im hoping for some basic FCP transitions with a few adjustable parameters. "

Yar, understand. but none of the better tools are going to be free.
Hit toolfarm and search for FCP plugin suppliers, there are dozens, and some offer good ripple systems.
http://www.toolfarm.com/
http://www.toolfarm.com/plugins/index.php/Apple_Final_Cut_Pro_Plug-ins

http://www.toolfarm.com/plugins/index.php/CGM_DVE_Vol.2

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Water transitions / plug ins needed
on Oct 21, 2008 at 10:30:32 pm

Check out CGM. They have a number of wave transitions that they call dissolves. Also Stib's Transitions has one. BorisFX has a bunch and CHV's Distorion Collection. Google those and the sites should pop up.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.4 QT7.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Daniel Carbone
on Oct 22, 2008 at 2:41:58 pm

Hi John,
Thanks a lot that was very helpful.
All the links I find to Stib's free transitions seem to be broken. Are they no longer available?

I think since its just a quick and easy job I might go with the CHV collection since they are cheap.
Again, thanks for the help.

Dan

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 22, 2008 at 3:24:19 pm

I checked my documentation and here's the link for Stib's Transitions http://www.fxscript.org

If that doesn't work email Stib at: stib AT fxscript DOT org,

If that doesn't work, I can send you the latest Stib's that I have. His license (which follows) allows free distribution of the plugins. Let me know how to contact you.

License

These filters are free as in speech and as in beer. Feel free to pass these on to whoever wants them, as long as this readme is included with them. They are not to be included in any comercial release without written permission. If you think they're good and you use them in a profit making setting please pay for them by making a donation of what you think they're worth to Medicins Sans Frontiers:
http://www.msf.org/

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

Additionally these filters are not for use by any military organisation or for any work being carried out on behalf of any military organisation. Even if you think you're one of the "good guys".

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.4 QT7.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Daniel Carbone
on Oct 22, 2008 at 3:27:11 pm

fxscript.org is the link i tried earlier.
It just takes me to a domain purchasing site.

I would love it if you could send it me.
daniel@screamervision.com

Seriously, very much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Adam forbes
on Jan 6, 2011 at 8:29:52 pm

Can someones send me Stibs transitions for FCP I can't find them anywhere

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]