FORUMS: list search recent posts

Same edit duration across multiple clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Kuzelicki
Same edit duration across multiple clips?
on Oct 4, 2008 at 2:47:14 pm

Hey there,

Anyone know how to set the same edit duration across multiple clips in the Timeline?

Basically, I placed about three hundred still frames (that make up a rough animatic) to the Timeline. When I first imported them I had my default duration settings set to six frames so that's the duration of each image.

I was planning to go through and tweak the timing of one to better match the pace of the action but the way I've animated the images it seems I just need to shorten most of them to about four frames each.

I know I could just trash this project, change the default duration for still images to four frames and reimport them all into a new project but was wondering if there's some clever way to do it now I've already started?

Thanks in advance,

ALEX

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
Re: Same edit duration across multiple clips?
on Oct 4, 2008 at 2:52:03 pm

Select all of the clips in the timeline, right click and select duration. Then type in the duration you want. This should work.

-Russ

Russell Lasson
Ridgeline Digital Cinema Mastering
Universal Post
Salt Lake City, UT

Return to posts index

Alex Kuzelicki
on Oct 4, 2008 at 4:12:13 pm

Ahhhh.

Thank you, Russell.

So simple (like me :)

Appreciated a lot.

ALEX

Return to posts index

John Ranta
on May 11, 2010 at 1:58:00 pm

We are having a similar problem. My students are working on Stop Motion projects. They have imported hundreds of still images to the timeline. They set the still image duration in Preferences to 00:00:00:05. Now they've decided that they want to shorten the duration of some sections of their film. They have selected 50 (or so) still images on the timeline, and right-clicked to change the duration of these to 00:00:00:03. When they click "okay", FCP "bonks" (makes a weird error weird sound) and the duration for all these still frames reverts back to 00:05. If they make the change one still frame at a time, it works. Why can't they change the duration for multiple frames? Do we have something set wrong? Thanks, John Ranta

Return to posts index

Leah Brown Swan
on Sep 20, 2012 at 10:12:55 pm

Hi there,
Has anyone responded to this post for you? I'm having the same exact problem. thanks!

Leah

Return to posts index

John Ranta
on Sep 21, 2012 at 1:24:49 am

Leah, no, I never got a response. But I have abandoned Creative Cow, because of the arrogant, abusive replies I received to other queries I posted. There's a subset of Creative Cow "gurus" who hold great disdain for folks like me who aren't experts. It was annoying getting replies that, instead of answering my questions, spent all of their time telling me how unworthy I was of an answer. Creative Cow is just not worth it for me...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]