FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Crawl Limit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Anderson
Text Crawl Limit
on Sep 18, 2008 at 6:02:35 pm

I'm trying to add a text crawl to a five minute video and it seems it's limited to two minutes. I tried both Final cut and Boris. Is there a setting for this?

I have the latest version of Final Cut Studio.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Text Crawl Limit
on Sep 18, 2008 at 6:14:27 pm

Set the duration of the title crawl before you edit it into the sequence.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Chris Anderson
on Sep 18, 2008 at 6:32:22 pm

Thanks Tom,

Are you changing the duration in the Motion tab under time remap? Also how do you avoid the jumbled text characters at the very end?

Thanks again,
Chris

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Sep 18, 2008 at 7:23:10 pm

Change the duration in duration box in the upper left of the video tab. Type in five minutes or whatever length you want.

I don't know what you mean by jumbled characters at the every end, or are you talking about time remapping, which is the wrong way to do this.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Chris Anderson
on Sep 18, 2008 at 7:34:32 pm

Thanks Tom,
That solved the timing issue.
The last few sentences seem to all get bunched up into one character. If you resize the text to a smaller size it clears it all up but then the text is too small.

Thanks again,
Chris

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Sep 18, 2008 at 8:05:20 pm

There is a limit to how long a line of text you can have on a crawl. I think the only way around this is to make shorter crawls and have them the same length trailing after each other.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Sep 19, 2008 at 2:44:43 am

The problem is that some text functions supported by the FxScript programming architecture (and those used by Boris too it would seem) are simply exposing calls to functions within the Carbon API (Application Programming Interface) which is limited to 32K processing ... and what that boils down to as far as we're concerned with Text Crawls is that the maximum width for any text string is 32K pixels. How many characters you can display therefore depends on the resolution of your sequence and the point size of the text. Bummer, but there you are. Its a hard limitation I'm afraid.

If it helps I have a free FxScript plug that you're welcome to use that offers fixed rate Text Crawls ie you set the speed you want it to crawl and away it goes ie its not dependent on the duration of the text generator in the timeline. If you're stringing a few crawls together to give the appearance of a single longer crawl then it would help to maintain a fixed crawl rate else the illusion of a single crawl will be broken.

http://web.me/com/andymees

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]