FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Not Found" and "General Error"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Stevens
"Not Found" and "General Error"
on Sep 10, 2008 at 2:10:06 am

Hello

For some reason when I try to playback my clip on my timeline, there's a specific area on the timeline that says "Not Found" and "General Error" if I try playing it again. I tried removing my clip from my timeline and just played it, however, even with nothing there the problem persists. I tried re-rendering my clip and re-connecting it however that approach led to no results. Does anyone have any suggestions? Why is this problem occurring? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

-John

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: "Not Found" and "General Error"
on Sep 10, 2008 at 3:50:12 am

Ji john,
That sounds to media corruption.
Try putting the footage that is giving problems off-line and back on-line in batches until you isolate the one is causing troubles.
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 10, 2008 at 4:07:45 am

Got any CMYK still images in your timeline?

Return to posts index

chris middis
on Nov 10, 2009 at 2:59:24 pm

Hi. Im having the same issue. It plays fine in the source window, it only gives the error when played of the timeline. And even when that particular clip is removed the system still trips up.
One word....Eh?

Any feed back would be much appreciated.
Chris.

Return to posts index

Brian Dalton
on Sep 5, 2011 at 2:13:44 am

Hey, This topic is stale, but it is still the number one hit on google for this problem. I had this problem this week, I couldn't render or export or output to tape through FCP, because I continually hit a "Not Found" or "general error" message whenever I hit a specific spot in the timeline. The trouble spot was always in the same location. When i went through compressor, the export was successful, but there was an audio loop/video error during the trouble spot on the timeline. After doing some research, I tried trashing preferences, disconnecting/reconnecting media, restarting my system and much more; nothing worked.

What finally worked was getting out my back-up drive, and opening the project from the external drive, not the internal that I had been working on. This did the trick. I was able to render, print to tape and export through compressor. This was a pain in the neck and almost cost me a deadline, so I hope this helps a few people out.

The problem was with the render files, i changed the render file location halfway through this project, and thats what screwed me up. If you use your back up drive or media manger, DO NOT USE THE OLD RENDER FILES! RE-RENDER!

Return to posts index

Stella Ferriola
on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:11:55 am

This did the trick. I just deleted my render files and re-rendered. Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Dalton
on Oct 14, 2011 at 1:15:00 am

Stella, glad to hear it!

Return to posts index

Janani Noia
on Jan 26, 2012 at 5:57:46 pm

I'd tried re-connecting media, creating a new sequence, reimporting the media, exporting as a quicktime movie, and...almost resorted to prayer, but not quite. Then I read this discussion, deleted my render files, re-rendered--voilĂ ! Thanks for the solution!

Return to posts index

Brian Dalton
on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:01:43 pm

Janani, glad that helped!

Return to posts index

Janani Noia
on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:15:30 pm

You know, it was pretty maddening to see one button only to click when I got those death-knell messages "Not Found" and "General Error"--we're expected to say a docile "OK". Would be nice if Apple would tell us what to do--so simple: "Delete associated render files and re-render." Wonder why they don't.....maybe a word from someone like you?

Return to posts index

Brian Dalton
on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:29:57 pm

Janani, Haha, I'm flattered that you think Apple would listen to me!

Brian Dalton
http://www.bdalton.tv

Return to posts index

Janani Noia
on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:45:58 pm

well, they should...I did, and look where it got me!
thanks again...for the help and the laughs.

Return to posts index

Phillip Large
Re: "Not Found"
on Mar 4, 2012 at 5:21:40 pm

I have the same problem many have before "Not Found". This is new to me and one that I have never seen before. I followed everyone's blogs but my situation is perhaps unique. I travel and have so many different clients that I have external drives for each. So my project has always originated on an external drive. However, my renders were going to my internal drive. So I deleted all my renders and moved everything to the external drive, and, I am still getting this "Not Found" error.

The only thing I can think of is that I created this sequence beginning with modifying the timecode of the sources to match the counter times that the clients notes reflect. At one point during the edit I changed the timecode again as I saw it drifted too much. I don't know why that would not allow a full render?

When I got the error I continued editing and just not rendering. So now my project length is a little over an hour. You can already see the problem in setting up a render, seeing 3 hours, walking away, and finding the same error message sometime while I was gone.

What's next? Any help would be appreciated as I have another hour of editing to total a 2 hour project and a ton of rendering now.

thx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]