MAC OS X: Forum

Quicktime 7 Pro 14.5 FPS - How to record at 30 FPS?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Wilkins
Quicktime 7 Pro 14.5 FPS - How to record at 30 FPS?
on May 5, 2020 at 9:53:10 am

Hi, I'm recording a 35 minute church services on a 2012 Macbook Pro (OSX 10.11.6 / 2.5GHz i5 / 4GB ram / Intel HD 1536MB) using Quicktime 7 Pro and the built in Facetime Camera, and a M-Audio ProFire audio interface (Vox, Gtr, Bass, keyboards)

The reason I use QT7 Pro, is because I can record multiple separate audio tracks and import them into Pro Tools for editing. I don't know of any other software which can record video and multiple separate audio tracks at the same time (although OBS apparently can but I've had no success with that.)

The whole process has been working well for me except that my MOV is 14.5 FPS.

Can anyone please help with one of two things:

1) Explain how I can record (via Facetime Camera) at 25 or 30 FPS in QT7 Pro
2) Point me to a software/app that can record video AND 4 tracks of separate (isolated) audio at the same time.

Quicktime 7 Pro records multiple audio if you select 'Native Device' and a multiple input audio interface at the same time. Then youcan export the audio into a DAW and get the multiple tracks of audio you've recorded. I'm still amazed that a 30 year old app can do what no other app can do in 2020.
Stunned!
If you know of an app that can multiple tracks of audio and video at the same time then please let me know.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]