MAC OS X: Forum

Mac won't let me install Snow Leopard onto a certain drive

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon MoorheadMac won't let me install Snow Leopard onto a certain drive
by on Oct 12, 2016 at 8:18:34 pm

Hello,
I am having a nightmare with reinstalling Snow Leopard on my ancient 2008 Mac Pro.
I have 2 internal drives-one I want to keep with Yosemite, but the other I want to reinstall Snow Leopard so I can use FCP 7 on it.

I reinstalled onto the 2nd drive no problem, then as I was updating the versions, it totally crashed and wouldn't do anything. I booked it up pressing alt as it restarted to show all the drives-I used disc utility to verify and repair, still the same problem. I then decided to erase the disc and start again from disc utility.
All ok, but when I boot up the drive with the Snow Leopard disc, it does not give me the option to use the drive I want to install Snow Leopard onto. It only shows the other drive I want to keep Yosemite etc on., but does not allow me to install it on that drive anyway-it gives me no option to install it at all.

When I restart the Mac and hold down alt-I can see the other drive-it is also there when I boot up disc utility, but I cannot get it to show to install Snow Leopard on.
Please,please help if you can. Many thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]