MAC OS X: Forum

Could my external speakers cause system shuts down with AE / Premiere?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil MogerCould my external speakers cause system shuts down with AE / Premiere?
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:59:16 pm
Last Edited By Neil Moger on Apr 14, 2014 at 8:00:34 pm

Hi guys,

My 2012 imac 27 has recently started just shutting down randomly while working AE/PPro, chiefly when previewing/rendering.... not crashing just a complete power outage...

As bizarre as it seems ive started to think my external speakers (logitec with a inbuilt amp and separate sub-woofer) might be the cause - is this possible?

They are plugged into a separate wall socket, and only to the imac through the headphone jack, not usb... it just only seems to happen when theyre connected and switched on...

Ill test further, but id appreciate if someone without my 19th century understanding of electricity could set me straight over whether its even plausible

ta

Neil

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: Could my external speakers cause system shuts down with AE / Premiere?
by on Apr 29, 2014 at 2:49:47 am

Are you using any kind of external monitor support like a Blackmagic Mini Monitor? Make sure you have the latest drivers for that - I didn't and it caused weird little problems.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Neil MogerRe: Could my external speakers cause system shuts down with AE / Premiere?
by on Apr 29, 2014 at 12:18:56 pm

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

Actually it seems my problems may be linked to a fairly well documented overheating/shutdown issue with certain iMac models when carrying out certain processor intensive tasks (in my case particularly AE, PPro & Adobe Media Encoder) - particularly when equipped with larger amounts (16bg)...

As described in (exhaustive and exasperating) detail here....
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2473276?start=270&tstart=0

Some people say reduce the RAM, some say replace with HYNIX, some say suicide is the best way...

In contemplating :)

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: Could my external speakers cause system shuts down with AE / Premiere?
by on May 2, 2014 at 7:15:58 pm

Well, try to avoid the Suicide Solution if you can.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: Could my external speakers cause system shuts down with AE / Premiere?
by on May 12, 2014 at 3:18:39 pm

[Neil Moger] "Actually it seems my problems may be linked to a fairly well documented overheating/shutdown issue with certain iMac models when carrying out certain processor intensive tasks (in my case particularly AE, PPro & Adobe Media Encoder) - particularly when equipped with larger amounts (16bg)..."

Mac...it just works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]