MAC OS X: Forum

New Mac without OS/Hand me down

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick BloomerNew Mac without OS/Hand me down
by on Mar 9, 2014 at 11:42:45 pm

Hello all! I am new to the forums and I signed up because I knowing that this site has helped me again and again. I'm very new to Mac's especially "Official" Macs (I have worked with a Hackintosh). Anyway, here's the story. My father was helping a man who owned his own Apple Tech/Support job. My father installs security software and this guy was very generous and offered this Mac to him. The computer is an Eight Core @3.0Ghz Late 2007 3gb ram Mac Pro (2,1). The only real issue with it is that it didn't have a hard drive in it. I figured it would be as simple as making a bootable usb and booting it up after installing a fresh HDD. I attempted that and when I powered on, the monitor did not pick up the computer. The fans in the PC also felt like they were running at full speed. As I said, I have no real prior knowledge with Mac, but I am rather computer savvy for a 16 year old. What I have to work with in fixing this is a Lion install usb, Snow Leopard USB, and a Hackintosh that is fully functional if I need to use Mac for something. The Hackintosh is running Mavericks. Thanks in advance! - Nick

PS: I apologize if this is in the wrong forum category. It's as close as I can get.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]