MAC OS X: Forum

how to make a mac die

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donna Li
how to make a mac die
on Jan 14, 2014 at 5:48:04 am

the situation is, me and my supervisor have 3 imac, we use two of them to work and the other one is usually for rendering, but now that render mac have some problems and run very very very terribly slow,

we asked our boss to clean up everything and re-install the os x two times, but didn't get any feedback lol...
so we are planning to make it die, and we're just thinking ... could we just del some files in the system folder or library folder that makes the mac couldn't start, is this work?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: how to make a mac die
on Jan 14, 2014 at 8:37:17 am

Things that can slow a Mac down: its more than 80% full. directory corruption. a ram chip died.

repair permissions.

Run disc warrior. that could do the trick.

run hardware test for ram health.

suggest that you could back up everything even clone it and then reinstall all.

all the stuff from the app store loads pretty painlessly.

migration assistant works for most people to get documents and the like back in place.

don't know how old the Mac is but if the system drive is over three years old it could die and all the work with it unless you've backed it up.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]