MAC OS X: Forum

Quicktime files becoming corrupt for no apparent reason? Multiple drives, on a hackintosh.

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddie Adams
Quicktime files becoming corrupt for no apparent reason? Multiple drives, on a hackintosh.
on Nov 7, 2013 at 8:52:32 pm

I'm running Os X 10.8.4 on a hackintosh setup, and this is the first time I've ever seen this happening. When archiving my projects onto external drives, they're becoming corrupt. This happened once before, and the files were corrupt on both the slave and master backup drives, so I had assumed something happened with the transfer that went unnoticed. Now it's happened again, to a separate project, on completely separate drives. In both cases, the files all appear to be corrupt in size and file count, yet if you try to open any of them you get errors. I'd tried every "fix" and "restore" app I can think of and none of them will salvage these files.

When I transferred these files to the backup master and slave drives, I couldn't sworn I check them on the disk after the transfer had completed and there were no issues - that was about 3 months ago. I have no idea what could be causing this, if it's related to a problem in OS X, the fact it's a hackintosh setup, or what it could be. Has anybody had issues with this before? Any advice?

Also, I either copied these using drop/drop or using Carbon Copy Cloner - I can't remember which method I used for this particular project.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chad Terpstra
Re: Quicktime files becoming corrupt for no apparent reason? Multiple drives, on a hackintosh.
on Nov 30, 2013 at 6:13:16 am

Did you ever figure this out? Many of my completed project archived files started corrupting for no apparent reason. They won't open in Quicktime but thankfully I can open them in Premiere CC or Adobe Media Encoder and re-render them. I'm not on a Hackintosh.

Return to posts index

Eddie Adams
Re: Quicktime files becoming corrupt for no apparent reason? Multiple drives, on a hackintosh.
on Dec 1, 2013 at 9:43:48 pm

no. which files are corrupting? for me, it was all files, so even some project files had become corrupted.

i've pretty much settled on using CCC to transfer EVERYTHING with checksum verification, to multiple drives for archive - only way to be sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]