MAC OS X: Forum

Is there any way to recover the data on my SD card?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Is there any way to recover the data on my SD card?
on Sep 1, 2013 at 10:49:32 pm

I was copying an SD card I use to shoot video with a Sony XA-10 camera. The card reader accidentally disconnected while copying.

I know have no good way of getting the data.

I tried using ShotPutPro but I get an error after 5 seconds. I cant copy from the Finer. I get the "error -36." I used Drive Genius 3 and it recovered data....but it only recovered it as a bunch of .mts files, so it has the data but not in the regular format. I tried copying directly from the camera but I got an error message after a few seconds too.

I dont know what else I can do. Anyone have a suggestion? I'm hoping to get the data in a format I can use with FCP, ideally to get the data in the way it normally looks, tucked neatly in a folder labeled "private," the way the camera always does it.

Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Chris Murphy
Re: Is there any way to recover the data on my SD card?
on Sep 2, 2013 at 3:49:34 am

I see this cross posted here.

I don't expect file system corruption when reading data from the card, but is it formatted exFAT or FAT32? exFAT is less resilient than FAT32 since it doesn't have dual FATs.

Return to posts index

David Parkar
Re: Is there any way to recover the data on my SD card?
on Sep 26, 2013 at 1:20:46 am

I think your card reader disconnected due to some unexpected reasons. But you can recover your data by employing Remo Recover tool. I found this tool on internet and it attracted me with its recovery features. It may aid you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]