MAC OS X: Forum

Max OS 10.7.5 Audio Delay

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan WeimerMax OS 10.7.5 Audio Delay
by on Aug 27, 2013 at 9:40:47 pm

About a week ago i was editing in FCP 7 and noticed that when i played my program it has a delayed audio start. It would play visually but the audio would not start to play for a second. i thought it was just in FCP7 however i through out my preferences and it would fix the problem but it would come back no matter how much i through out the preferences.

Then i noticed while i was looking though sound effect in a finder window it was happening there too. The first one would play would delay but if i continue to look through my sound effects they would play correctly. However if i went into another program and then came back to the finder window it would be the same issue.

I would say it would be my intensity pro card however its not isolated to FCP7. Its through out my computer. This wasn't a problem a few weeks ago.

i have a Mac OS X 10.7.5
Processor 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
i also have a Intensity Pro for playback.

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: Max OS 10.7.5 Audio Delay
by on Aug 30, 2013 at 11:23:19 pm

you should be posting this in the Blackmagic forum.
You must monitor your audio thru the intensity card, and not from the audio output of the Mac, if you are monitoring the video from the Intensity card. This applies to all Blackmagic, AJA and Matrox products. You don't monitor the audio from the Mac audio output.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]