MAC OS X: Forum

Applescript applications for FCPX and Compressor, process complete notifications

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David EaksApplescript applications for FCPX and Compressor, process complete notifications
by on May 21, 2013 at 3:10:32 am

This is frickin sweet-

I just now finished setup and testing of text yourself when your final cut pro x shares have completed

I'd like to setup an Applescript Application (or something similar) to send me an iMessage when Create Disc "needs my attention". This would be handy for when I setup a Compressor batch to burn a few Blu-rays and DVDs back to back. Notifying me of both, when a burn is complete and when the burn needs a disc to be inserted (sometimes I put the wrong media type in the burner in advance, not knowing whether a DVD or a Blu-ray is next in line to burn).

Right now I have the Mountain Lion dictation and speech preferences set to speak alerts, if not attended to after 15 seconds. So, when I submit a batch, I'll turn the system and amp volume way up... "Vicki" is always yelling at me from across the house "Excuse me, xxxxx needs your attention! Semi effective, but I must be near by to hear it.

I've also found this How to Have Compressor Send You a Text Message When Your Compression Is Com...

It's real close, but I don't think it quite does what I'm wanting to do with Create Disc.

Being that today is the first time I've messed with Applescripts and writing applications, and the FCPX iMessage setup was so simple that I didn't learn anything about how to do this kind of thing myself. I'd appreciate any guidance I can get!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]