MAC OS X: Forum

Screen Resolution

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Screen Resolution
on Jan 3, 2013 at 11:39:10 pm

Not sure where to post this question. I just got a cinema display and set the screen resolution to 2560 x 1440. The problem is in all of my programs like After Effects the text is to small. If I change the screen resolution to anything smaller like say 2048 x 1152 the text is no longer super sharp but a little soft. Any way to make everything bigger in my screen while leaving the Screen Resolution the biggest it can go?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Screen Resolution
on Jan 9, 2013 at 7:55:15 pm

I swear to you that I'm not being a smart mouth as this was my exact solution.

Move the monitor closer to your face.

No, seriously.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 9, 2013 at 9:31:15 pm

Ha Ha, seems funny to buy a bigger monitor and then end up needing to move it closer to your face then the monitor you just replaced.

Thanks but in my situation that wont help. All of my monitors, decks and computer fit into the wall that my desk is up against. If I move the monitor forward it looks funny. If you go to my profile "About" section here on the COW you can see a photo of what I'm talking about. Seems silly that my smaller monitor makes everything bigger then my bigger monitor. Luckily my eyes have adjusted to it and I seem to be moving fast.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jan 11, 2013 at 8:13:45 pm

Well, there are hacks that you can do (which I can't remember off the top of my head) that will change font size across the mac, but they tend to screw things up all around.

If its just in X, I noticed that you can change font size in the event to small, medium, or large.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]