MAC OS X: Forum

ProRes files play correctly in Quicktime 10.0/ Snow Leopard 10.6; NO AUDIO in QT 10.1/ Lion 10.7

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Jones
ProRes files play correctly in Quicktime 10.0/ Snow Leopard 10.6; NO AUDIO in QT 10.1/ Lion 10.7
on Dec 26, 2012 at 7:12:01 pm

I captured several hundred legacy format tapes (Beta SP, 3/4", 1", etc.), mostly NTSC, but some Pal. Of the Pal, some, not all, do not play audio in QT 10.1 on Lion 10.7. In QT 10.0/ Snow Leopard 10.6, the audio plays fine. I'm using FCP 6 to capture all of the tapes. For the Pal tapes, I captured in FCP 6 as Pal, and used Compressor to convert to NTSC. Like I said, some of the files that originated from Pal tapes play fine, but some do not. On the Mac running QT 10.1/ Lion 10.7, it is only in Quicktime player where the audio does not play. When I play the file from a Finder window by selecting and pressing the space bar, the file plays fine with audio. Installing Perian did not help, and VLC plays the files fine. I'm guessing that this is a bug with Quicktime, but isn't the Finder also using the Quicktime engine??? ANY help is very much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]